Thursday, December 16, 2010

In ode to Bro











Is it a blessing to have a Brother?

Well, that leads to many other branching questions such as- whether they are younger or elder to you, how many you have and whether you also have another sister in the picture etc.

Here's my equation: I am a lone sister with two younger brothers (who're practically like twins, as they are only 1.5 yrs apart and kinda look alike too)

And to get to a good conclusion, let's rewind back to my childhood (and my brothers' too of course)-I know you don't have time for this as this was quite awhile ago, but please have mercy and hear me out!

Bro's Top 5 , Then:

1) The teachers at school knew me very well- my Music/Tamil achievements were outdone by my brothers' with their behavioral/handwriting skills.

2) I maintained a good BMI
a) Never sat through an entire meal ever without a fight and I always left the plat(c)e unfinished
b) Sweets always went missing from my stash.

3) Got to study each grade thrice for free- by helping (sic) handling them/their friends (for free, of course)

4) Was well trained at hide & seek a.k.a lost & found, passing the parcel/ tug of war a.k.a my dear things and grin & bear it.

5) Got towering (literally!) unwelcome body-guards during outings

Add to the above: Forgetting phone messages, empty fridge water bottles, piling undone chores and being teased mercilessly.

Alright, setting time machine back to "Present" where all of us are grow(a)n-ups.
Have 2 boys of my own now- reincarnating my brothers.
With all the training over the years am handling drama(n)dy with ease.

Bro's Top 5, Now:

1) Make their bike/car route via my destination, be it ice-cream, mall, concert - (check)

2) Listen to my never ending banter about anything and everything (Note: In his cell phone / calling card minutes) - (check)

3) Reminisce & recollect good times, praise your outfit/dish, bring a smile on my face even on the busiest day - (check)

4) Dote on my kids and play "Maama" perfect to the T - (check)

a) Brought the lovely "Maamis" (read, sisters for me) into the picture - (double check)

b) Entitled me becoming proud "Aththai" - (triple check)

5) Still act (and tower-over) as body-guards, as & when needed

Thee Brother is thus make you love thy Boys and Bring thy Blessings (& Body-guards)!

No comments:

Post a Comment