Monday, January 30, 2012

My Child & I : In Memory of my Dear Grandmother

Mom is in the process of recovering from the loss of her dear maternal Grandmother.

Firstborn: "Amma! Why did you go out of town?"

Mom: "To say bye to Paati, who was going off to be with God"

Firstborn: "Why did she go to God?"

Mom: "She wanted to be peaceful"

Second born (listens carefully and brings a bag of green-Peas): "Amma, I will bring this Peas to Paati and she'll then come back, OK? "

Simply put by my little guy, it's Children who bring Peace and Love into this World- Let's keep it g (r) o(w) ing by not losing the child in each of us!


Tribute

Grandmothers are the blueprint of our own mothers - their love unbound and immeasurable.

My Grandmother was strong & open-hearted, truthful & outspoken, money-wise yet generous, well-read but religious and systematic & hardworking.

My tribute to my Grandmother will be to carry her memory lovingly forever in my heart and follow at least a few of her qualities throughout my life.

Love you forever, Aayal!

No comments:

Post a Comment